PG test question! PLEASE HELP!

This is gonna sound crazy, but I took a pg test yesterday to amuse a friend. Hubby and I had unprotected sex 3 days before I took the test. I swear I saw a really faint line, so I opened the plastic case the test strip was in to get a better look. I flipped the test strip over and there was a clear blue second line, while on the front it was so faint you could only see it outside. Is it possible I had a positive test in only 3 days? Oh, and why would the back of the test show a bold blue second line if HCG is needed to make the lines appear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you really want a accurate answer, you should call the phone number on the package...they have experts available to answer these types of questions...it may be how it is made that caused this effect.
    KoffeeKrazy

Answer by KoffeeKrazy at 2:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• it could be a false positive so if I were you I would wait a couple more days then try another one. Or you could go see your doctor but it may be hard to tell right now..
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• OP: i did call the company to ask them about the test and what I saw. They told me that in order to have the 2nd line appear HCG would need to be present in my urine. Hubby and I only had unprotected sex ONCE in 2 years, so to think that a 2nd line would show up 3 days after that is crazy to me! They recommended that I take another test tomorrow morning and see what happens. then.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If it was a blue die test do NOT trust it. While a false positives are VERY RARE they are actually quite common with blue die tests. I myself had TWO in a row a few weeks ago.

It is scientifically impossible to get a bfp 3 days after intercourse. The egg would not of even had time to implant yet. It would have to be from earlier sexual act. Your method of protection may have failed but there is simply NO WAY the egg would be producing hormone 3 days after fertilization.

RETEST WITH A *********pink die************** test!
    Anonymous

• Just an Update: I'm now 4 days late with no sign of AF. Took yet another test with a BFN. I think I'm losing my mind!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2011