How do you get started in a work from home job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm a writer for Demand Media. I my $16 dollars for a short article. They are published on ehow and many other sites. You can write as much or as little as you like. Since I watch my son and niece everyday, I don't get to write as much as I'd like, but it's still nice to have the extra income. The best part is that there are no strings attached. You don't have to pay a dime since it is a form of freelancing. The prices are set, but you can also write your own topic articles if you like.

Just visit demandstudios.com

Apply and send a writing sample. Some people use this as a full-time job. Most people can write one article an hour which really adds up. They also have a large forum so that you can talk to other writes as well. Oh and you don't need a degree in order to write for them even though many do. I don't yet they still accepted me. Best of luck :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 2:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I chose Scentsy for my home business!!!! Awesome company!!! I'd be happy to help with details and questions.

http://my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm a gift basket consultant for La Bella Baskets and I pretty much recruit and still making an income:-) If you like more info, p.m. for more info on what La Bella Baskets offers. We are going residual in 2 months soon:-) If you have a passion for gift baskets and flowers, this business is for you:-)

I'm now focusing also on selling the Gift Baskets! I got a spot on my local radio station and have done some other ideas on marketing the gift baskets!:-)

Best of luck to you!
    I love this business!! The only successful business I have had! Done it all!!:-) *hugs* Jen
    www.ajenslovelybaskets.biz
    lovely-gifts4u@live.com

uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, it really depends if you are looking for an "at home job" or an "at home business." Jobs can come few and far between because of the hight demand. An at home job, you are still working for someone, have to have certain hours, etc... With a business, you choose your hours and you work for yourself.

You can go to www.ceomomsonline.com/alyssamaliska and get some information about what would be best for you :o)

I wish you the best of luck in your search! :o)

~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:48 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• You do research and check around for openings..... LOL! Many call centers hire for work at home jobs. You can check for call centers in your area, or you can find an on line one such as Convergys, Alpine, etc. I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities. I do have a listing of those types of jobs. You are more than welcome to read through my blog if you'd like at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2011