Money Money Money

if your husband brought home weekly 1300 after taxes and told you you could either A. get a thousand dollars a week use that money to cover all the bills for the week and the left over money was yours to keep or B. he would give you 100 dollars a week and he paid every bill himself and kept the extra money after bills which would you choose A or B. keep in thought are monthly bill add up to about 3400 a Month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would take the $100 a week. The way I figured you would only have $150 left out of a $1000 .Some bills are not always the same every month.. The $100 a week is always the same.

See I pay the bills in the family. Thats why I know this. Some months you might have no money left and some months you might

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I don't understand why those are the only options. Why can't you guys pay the bills and household/living expenses, and then split whatever is left over? Or just throw whatever is left over into a joint account and not keep track of who's spending more than who?
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I totally agree with you but, my husband thinks i spend to much on groceries and the kids, so those are my only options
    Anonymous

• I think you and your husband need to set a budget and stick to it. My husband and I only use our debit cards - never cash. This way what we spend is always recorded when we log into our bank account. Plus, we leave all the receipts on the table. When you grow up you'll find that these things can be talked out and understood by both sides.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 6:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• well as far as debit cards we cut all of those up, my husband decided that swiping the card was causing more money to come out his bank account, so he started dealing with Cash Only, Also i was in charge of paying all bills which i finally got all credit cards under the limit, which was exciting!!! my biggest things is should i give him all the responsibility of taking care of the bills and take the 300 dollars a month for cash for whatever i want, or should I continue to pay all the bills with 1000 a week , and my husband will take the rest of the cash and place it in his saving box??? I know he is doing this because he thinks i spend to much on food and the kids but with 4 kids 60 to 70 dollars a week in grocery is not enough, LOL,
    Anonymous

• continue...My husband can be extremely cheap at times. So anyone with great advice I truly love to hear it, and if you can tell me how you and your hubby budget it would be a great help, I need all the pros and cons I can get, thank you
    Anonymous

• Thank you louies2 I am leaning more to that side, with him now taking over all the bills , I think it would work out okay, if i take the money, Thank you for your advise
    Anonymous

• Take the $100/week... let him deal with the rest if he's gonna be like that... And DON"T ever spend a dime on him!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Your husband expect you all to $280.00 a month groceries.What are you eating beens and rice only?

Answer by louise2 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Louise2, you would not belive me if I told you, but My husband will actually cook beans for dinner!! I understand that its a bean curry dish, but I need meat!!
    Anonymous