When should I start

When should I start to feel kicks when I'm standing/walking?

I'm 26 weeks and I only feel kicks when I'm sitting or laying down.

I am a thin person. 104 pre-pregnancy and 129 now :) gained 25 pounds so far

and it's my first pregnancy

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was 21 weeks when my son started moving like crazy, and with my daughter i was about 23 weeks when she was very active aswell!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Hm so is it a bad thing that I cannot feel the kicks when I'm standing/walking?
    When I am laying down/sitting I see my entire stomach move.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• With my first pregnancy i was 6 months when i really felt it but to be honest i dont think i really felt my baby move when i was standing. if your really concerned i would talk with your doctor. Good luck.
    TameraD

Answer by TameraD at 3:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• When you are walking, you are lulling the baby to sleep so you are more likely to feel movement only when sitting still or laying still.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i dont think its a bad thing that you arent feeling the baby move when your walking, like one of the other mamas said you might be putting him/her to sleep. as long as you are feeling movement im sure your fine.
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yup I'm definitely feeling movement when I'm sitting and laying down. I even check the heartbeat with the doppler daily. Well thanks lovely mothers!
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't remember how far along I was when I really started feeling the baby move, but I know when I was 5 months I started to feel my first move. I felt her the first time I was at work and I was standing. My second I felt the first time at 14 weeks. This time I was worried because I thought I would feel this one sooner than the 14 since that is when i felt my second, but I sisn't start feeling this one until about 20 weeks and I to am only feeling this one when I sit or lay and I can see my whole belly move. I heard that you don't notice it much when you are doing other things. I also heard that when you walk or you are doing a lot of movement the baby sleeps because it likes the rocking sinsation, but when you laydown or sit you aren't moving so the baby thinks it is time to get up and play lol. I am 21.5 weeks now and I still only feel the baby while sitting or laying
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thanks. So I'm not alone :)
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2011