Don't you feel like a whiner when...

Even though my chronic back pain amongst a myriad of other ailments are valid, did I feel like a whiner when someone I was speaking to the other day went through a more traumatic accident than did I and other near fatalities and has not one bad day of chronic pain. I just looked amazed and felt like such a wimp. This guy is almost twice my age, no less. How humble do you get when you hear such miracles or even when there are millions of other chronic pain sufferers out there with way more issues?

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• I was complaining the other day about not feeling well and AF starting, then a friend posted on fb about how her son's shunt surgery 2 weeks ago caused an infection and now they're looking at a 2-week hospital stay, multiple surgeries to get his shunt out, infeciton out, shunt back in, etc, plus she's pregnant and bleeding, and reading that just makes me feel like dog doo for complaining about my problems.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I whine about my arthritis all the time, and I went to a range of motion exercise class a the YMCA, a seated class for seniors. There were 80 year old women doing better than I was. I never went back, couldn't keep up with them.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Theres always going to be someone out there who is worse off than I am, so I just try not to complain too much.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2011