Racial question?

One of the foreign exchange students said she hated it here and I asked her why she was here and she told our boss she never said anything but they always do. No big deal but does this make me racist because I asked her then why are you here?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Go the hell back home then ,point blank period!!!!!
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 12:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• No it's a VALID question if you ask me. America!! Love it, or go back to your own damn country!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Funny if we are so ignorant,and fat and lazy,why are we still #1 in the world,the first always asked for help and WE are always there.Why is that? this is what i want to know.If you do not like it here please leave.You are not racist.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, it sounds like she's a foreign exchange student. Generally they visit another country to experience what it's like, how its different, what's the same...

Why does she have to love it? She's probably stuck here until her tour ends. I'd be more interested in knowing why she hated it. Maybe it's because she's young and misses her family and friends...? Sounds like a reasonable reaction to me.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'd wonder, too. If she hates it here, why doesn't she go back home? Does she HAVE to finish out the program here if she hates it so much? I also wonder what she's doing, not necessarily wrong, but it's not fair for her to say it's all the fault of Americans as to why she hates it here so much, ya know?

I think you were just trying to have a conversation with her. What's wrong with that? Do they not do that in her country?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No, it doesn't make you racist, but I'd be curious why she hates it. Maybe someone said something bad to her or she had an experience that was less than great. Maybe she misses her family and friends. Who knows.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think it was an honest question...certainly not racist. Maybe she is homesick. I remember "hating" college about midway through my first semester. I wanted my Momma!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'd wonder as well why one would be here if they hated it so much.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

***
    ^^^^^ THIS!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Fair question...can't imagine that anyone would not like it here...but I guess i'm predjudice
    Maryfran264

Answer by Maryfran264 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011