Marriage License!

Does anyone else think a marriage should expire? Just like a drivers license or any other license that has to be renewed? Could you imagine ( this is only for fun)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• that would be great :))
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 6:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• No way! Till death do you part.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You would just have to renew your license until death do you part, or if not just wait for the expiration...lol
    Anonymous

• I'd be up for that, and my husband probably would too.

I'm pretty sure we'd renew, though.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 7:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Hmmmm.... never thought of it, but what if you get into an argument and miss the renewal deadline because you were mad?? That would suck! Your marriage would be invalid because he didn't pick up his socks! lmao.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i would be worried i would forget im the one that gets my new tags for my car in july my b-day is in june. what would happen if you forgot? would you have to get married again before it would be valid again i know in ohio if your dl is expired longer than 6 months you have to retake the test. i think it would be interesting to see what happens but then again it would be just another thing you would have to pay for yearly.
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 9:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Some of my friends' marriages need to expire.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Actually they do expire after a certain amount of days if you don't get married by a judge or a minister. After you actually are married by a judge or minister, you have a marriage certificate. I don't know if marriage certificates should expire but at least someone should check in on you maybe once a year, lol.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• LMFAO my Dh and I think this is some pretty cool out of the box thinking! I think a lot more people would be running down the isle if they knew that in 6 years they had the option to renew or bail.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008