How much should a bio parent be allowed to jump in and out of a kids life ?

it really a question thats close to my heart
how much should a bio parent be allowed to jump in and out of a kids life
also should a bio mum be giving more chances then a bio dad

it let clear this up we talking about a none custodal parent we not talking about someone wanting there kids back

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think bio parents should have equal rights to their children until one proves they are incapable of being a positive influence. In some situations, mothers are the better parents and in others, it is the father that steps up to the plate. As for a parent who does not keep their agreed to visitation with the child, I would keep my lawyer and the courts informed of their inconsistancies and opt for minimal visitation -- a parent that bounces in and out of the child's life will only confuse them.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my kids father's have been told more then once, your either in or out but you will not come and go. i think the 3 strikes rule is a good one. and no i dont know if bio moms should have more rights then the dads, i guess it depends on the person.
    wubbunny420

Answer by wubbunny420 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Here in AL a parent has to have had no contact or visitation with a child for at least a year before the courts do anything, which is rather annoying to me. My ex has visitation every other weekends and on Tuesdays overnight if he wants, but only sees our daughter once a month or once every other month. Its irritating because our daughter is 3. She asks all the time where he is and theres not much I can say. Plus, it stinks because I am required by law to give her to him when he has visitation so stay home waiting in case he calls, and have missed out on quite a few extended family trips because of this. Its sad and I dont think its healthy for a child to have a parent who drops in and out of their life at random.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My ex never visited his kids. No perm damage to my kids. He is around now that they are adults, but they expect little from him. My son is a wonderful father and I do believe in part because he knows what a shitty father is. I really dont think anyone has any right to tell someone if they deserve their child unless that child is being physically or sexually abused. This is the United States isnt it? Or am I wrong? We get to be told what to do and what rights we should and should not have with our own flesh and blood? My ex knew the best thing he did was walk away. Good for him. He is still their father whether I like it or not.
    Anonymous

• idk its all dependent on the situation, really.

Answer by gemgem at 3:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• we talking about a parents one day wanting contact the next not  then wanting contact the dispering for months on end then wanting contact then saying its to much stress ect ect ect

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My husband tries time and time again to be involved in his child's life but bio mom keeps ignoring him and excluding him. How fair is that?
    Anonymous

• They get as many chances as a judge will give them, legally there is not anything you can do about it. It is out of your control. Judges judge each situation on individual circumstances. If you are unhappy with a bio parent is acting (mom or dad doesnt matter) go to family court.

Answer by gemgem at 3:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yeah i know thats not fare
    but we talking about people who had lots of chnaces and just do what best for them NOT the child
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• depends on to her factors like other person said. my mom was in & out of my life all the time as a child & really it became the "norm" for me. I never expected much from her because i wasn't getting much. it didnt scar me for life, if was actually a very valuable experience because it showed me what kind of mom i wanted to be...a mom NOT like her. and so i grew up, had kids & try to be the exact opposite of her. and its made me a good mom to my kids because of it.
    Anonymous