Help! My 3yr old wants me to have another baby!!

My 3 yr old son wants a baby so bad! He's asked to go visit out of town friends just to visit the babies! We do not want another baby! We have tried every excuse, he's got a dog and a lizard so we're not sure what else we can do to get him off this baby kick but its breaking my heart! Any advice would be great!!

hannahridder

Asked by hannahridder at 3:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yours to my 3yr old has no one to play with so she was always asking and now im 9 weeks lol what did i get my self into i do have an older child who is 14 but she always had my lil sis to play with .
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• what about a life like doll???
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• That is so cute! Sorry, not what you wanted to hear :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I too was going to suggest a doll. If he wants a baby girl cool, but if not they do make male dolls, and male doll clothing, so it's not like he has to carry around a pink doll. You're also the adults so telling him no it's not going to happen is within your rights. I've had to say to my son before the answer is no, you're a child I don't have to explain myself, now drop it. And if he doesn't drop it there are consequences. But try the doll first, he might enjoy taking care of his own baby.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Tell him no and that is it. You are the parents, right or did somewhere along the way did it become your three year olds decision as to whether or not you are going to have another baby?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Tell him you're not going to have a baby any time soon. Tell him that the truth why you don't want to have another baby.
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Kia congratulations! Thank you for understanding what I'm saying. @ the rude one who said I'm making a big deal out of it, pretty sure it was sad u could at least put ur name on a rude comment. Anyhow to everyone else, yes I am the parent. If u had read thepost I wasn't saying I was gonna get preggo because he wants one, but he's obviously lonely or wants some form of a play mate besides his cousins and school. I am trying to find an alternative...amazed that wasn't obvious.
    hannahridder

Comment by hannahridder (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011