Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which would look better on my credit report?

I flubbed up my credit a long time ago, fresh out of high school, boils, credit cards, loans I wouldn't afford. Anyway, the last three years have been a struggle for us financially.

Besides personal problems, my student loan (only had $860 left to pay on it.) was taken out of our tax return. My husband is the only one with income for the year, as I've stayed home with my 2 ds. There is a form I can file to have my husband's portion of the return released to him (which would be the whole $860)

Would it look better on my crappy credit to leave it paid by our tax return, or file to have the money released to Dh, and turn around and send it back to them as a voluntary payment?

Answer Question

Asked by matobe at 3:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 21 (10,174 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Bills, not boils*

    Comment by matobe (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

  • Leave it paid.

    Answer by gdiamante at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.