VRE and MRSA ?

Is this dangerous/deadly? Does anyone know anyoneee who has ever had this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• idk about VRE, but MRSA I think comes from not washing cuts/scapes, but is also conatgious. it looks like a scab, and I don't think it ever goes away completely....somebody correct me if I'm wrong :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• MRSA can be yes. If you research it you'll find lots of information. I thought I had it because I had a cyst that got infected but after they tested me I was negative. It's an infection that is resistant to antibiotics so it can run rampant through your bloodstream and affect your organs and stuff. Other people can catch it too so if you do have it, be very careful and let doctors know right away that you have it so they can take extra precautions.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• dh had mrsa. its resistant to regular antibiotics. if it gets to the bone or blood stream it can be deadly. it typically starts out looking like a pimple, but if you try to pop it it wont go away and keeps getting bigger. mrsa used to be only in hospitals but now it can be found in the soil. if you have had it once, your more likely to get it again and it can be easily spread to others. it usually has to be lanced at the hospital if the very powerful antibiotics dont work. check out webmd.com for info. all of this is what i have learned from dh having it once.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• MRSA can be dangerous, most of the cases are just skin infections. It is resistant to many antibotics. It's really dangerous when your bloodstream is infected with it. I've had MRSA before it's very painful and takes awhile to go away and sometimes takes more than one treatment of antibiotics. VRE is similar, but I'm not very familiar with it.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• In nursing homes where I worked, I have had people die on me with MRSA.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My daughter had mrsa last year. It was under her arm and had to have surgury to drain and remove it. On medicine after words for about a week. And she is fine now and should not get it again. My sister boy had it and he is fine as well. If caught early it is very treatable. And most of the times it does not come back.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My daughter had a cyst on her collar bone when she was around 2. The doctors had it lanced off. About 2 years ago we noticed aanother bubble forming and had it tested. It was staph. She had surgery and had it cut completely out. They told me she was good to go and should not have it come back again since the whole thing was cut out and removed besides just being lanced off. The sad part she is only 9 and has a scar on her collar bone now. She's very tiny so it stands out. I have been told plastic surgery will correct it once she is older. I hope so
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my 4 yo had mrsa when he was 2 1/2 from a splinter that was lodged in his foot he had to have surgery to remove the puss buildup and was in the hospital for 3 days on iv antibiotics and then shots everyday for a week if you catch it and are given antibiotics in time you will be fine he is now a happy crazy lil boy the infection also got into his bloodstream not a fun thing to go through i hope all works out for you if this is happening now
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 5:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, dangerous and highly contagious, as well as very difficult to get rid of.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i am not sure
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011