How come we all KNOW what to do to get healthy, but we just can't find the "umph" to get it done?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Well, not all of us know how, first off. That's the one thing I struggle with most. I don't know how I'm supposed to feed 6 people healthy foods that actually taste good on less than $100 a week and without having an oven... I get tired of salad! I can't speak for others, but it's not umph I'm missing. It's know how.
    Anonymous

• Because it is so easy to gain the weight but it is hard work to lose it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We are easily distracted by other things. Marketing gets the best of us.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• To put it quite simply...because it's just not "FuN" most of the time.
    We are creatures that are hardwired to not only look for the easiest solution to a problem but also one's that keep our interest level going.
    Most of the time getting fit, staying on a diet or going on one just isn't a fun thing to do...nor is it a quick thing to do.
    Henceforth, doctors coming up with surgeries to look "beautiful" instantly and pharmaceutical companies (and the like) coming up with pills to make you get "Skinny" despite the risk to one's health.
    In short, if you make your diet or exercise program something that is fun or that you look forward to, you will have a higher success rate. :o)
    Good Luck!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2011