Would you let your kids?

ok heres the story my mil has been introuble with the law and my kids have never stayed over night with anyone unless we were haveing a baby and then it was still at my home well she wants to keep my kids tomorrow night she is using the excuse of their GG she has termianal cancer and she don't have long but I don't think they need to go bacause that will jsut wear her out even more my dh wants to let them go but we are in discusion about it but I just want to know what ya'll would do in my situation

april_f

Asked by april_f at 3:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• if you, as a mother, fear your kids would be put in ANy danger, I wouldn't let them go.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Can u go with?
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yeah i could go but i don't want to stay the night I like my bed lol
    april_f

Comment by april_f (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I was going to agree with lstrickland.... maybe if you can't go this time, you can tell your MIL that you would like to plan a sleepover where you can be there to help out so the kids won't wear her out.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Why do they need to stay overnight? Won't a visit with the great grandmother and a return to your home be sufficient?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't see why they'd need to stay overnight just to visit. That aside, if you feel she is untrustworthy because of her legal trouble it's well within your right as the parent to say no.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would try to find a way to let them go for the visit but them come home at night.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I agree with MaryMW. Go for a visit and come home.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011