Have you ever dumped a friendship due to being used monetary or summer house for free wise?

I once dumped a friendship because this couple we were friends with wanted to come down to a condo we had down south. It was so bad that they booked tickets without telling us my hubby casually asked if they wanted to come down for a long weekend, They ended coming for almost ten days and wanted my husband to carpool them to the beach where they were getting drunk and then wanted to go out clubbing. We had a young son with us and it was crazy! The chick even dyed her hair in my mil's spotless bathroom that became dirty,ugh. It was the best when I personally dumped the friendship for my hubby who also had had it with his friend too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• I've dumped 2 friends like that..

First one, I told her she and 2 of her friends could pay rent at the house we had in OKC after we moved up to South Dakota (hub went into the military AFTER we had purchased a house in OKC in HOPES to get stationed at Tinker...of course it didn't work out that way). She apparently consistently stole from those 2 friends, didn't pay rent...on time, and even when I did get money, it definitely wasn't the full amount. Then after all 3 finally got out, she left me with a $200+ electric bill (when there was a credit on the electric bill of over $100), plus whatever rent amount she never paid. And it wasn't like I was asking much either...$300 for a 2 bedroom house was CHEAP for OKC.

The other one stayed at our place here for a few months...we had to force them to start paying us SOMETHING because it was getting a bit ridiculous. After they moved out, they left some stuff here....cont.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have dumped a friend for taking advantage of me she constantly couldnt pay for things but wouldnt tell me till we got to our destination and obviously I had no choice but to pay for it. But then she stole from me and I was like Bitch get out !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 4:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I HAD a friend who only used me for a ride, baby sitter, or get this she'd call and ask if I wanted to go have lunch with her and we would end up having to take my car and she always conviently forgot her money at home!! She was dumped!! It took me waaaaayyy too long to do it though!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I haven't had to dump anyone for use of OUR stuff..but for others. . I had a 'friend' who used people like that. for condos, boats, camping trips. She literally bailed on me who she called her BFF for an evtire summer after meeting a couple with a boat. They invited themselves practically every weekend after they were invited ONCE first. The couple with the boat dropped them..and I quit hanging out and returning calls. It is really all you can do. They aren't your friends. They are just users.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I did. She was my best friend from 6th grade up. But her lifestyles was totally something I couldn't agree with. She has two young kids, but wanted to party, get drunk and cheat on her husband. Not something I nor my kids need to be around.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I sent her a txt after about a month of them not getting the rest of their stuff out saying that they needed to get it out by x date or legally it would become our property. She sent txt back saying "tyvm for being so rude considering my g-ma just died." I'm sitting here thinking "HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT SINCE THE ONLY TIME YOU'VE CONTACTED ME SINCE YOU MOVED WAS TO GET A RIDE TO WAL-MART FOR GROCERIES?!?!" All she had to say was "contact *bf*, I'm a bit indisposed right now" or similar.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I actually called the police asking them what the statute of limitations was on holding someone's property at our place was. I was told after either 30 days or 60 days (I can't remember which it was...I think 30 days), property would become mine, and they could do nothing legally if I were to sell/give it away.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• The FIRST time she did it, I just ignored her request (I didn't know about blocking people then). The second time I received a friend request, I knew how to block people, and blocked her. So now she can never see my page.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I had one who worked at a great company and it was get this my birthday that passed and guess what ? She drove one mile and I paid for drinks and dinner and she never paid for the tip. What a cheap friend. I am cordial to her on fb, but she is really a cheap poor poor me I am divorced need money type that has more money than me and I do not work...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Babybugsmama yay for you. Definitely toxic... I know the feeling. You need to get away from circle of friends like that. She will lose her kids if she continues to party and sooner or later will get busted for either drinking while driving or for drugs...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011