Vaccinations....Do you?

I think my kids should be vaccinated, if not for their health then for every one elses. What do you think?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I was hesitant to vaccinate my children, but my dh has been in third world countries where children died from preventable diseases if they had had access to the vaccines (not a fear monger, just a dh that he wasn't willing to risk our children getting something horrible). I vaccinated both boys (my younger on a delayed schedule). It really is a parents decision along with their pediatrician.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I do not vaccinate, because I have a philosophical objection to the way many live vaccines are made, and I find the lack of long term studies alarming.

Also, just to prevent misinformation from being spread, you do NOT have to vaccinate in order for your children to attend school...every state has a religious/philosophical objection form that you just have to sign and file with the school district. Some do require that you test negative for the disease or have a doctor sign a "clear bill of health".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't care what others do I will not allow my kids to receive vaccinations. My second child died in the doctors office right after receiving her one year vaccinations. To me the risk isn't worth it to my other children.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 4:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Why on earth would someone vote me down for my answer?
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 4:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Love getting voted down for my own opinion. I am not pushing my feelings on others, but finding out where aborted fetuses come into play on vaccines when I am vehemently pro life, was a real awakening for me. Actually, my first child is completely vaccinated on the CDC schedule, because I didn't know what I know then, and I thought it was just something you "had" to do. If I read enough information to change my mind, I think it shows that I didn't just blindly discard the value of vaccinations so my kids didn't have to get "poked". In fact, the reason I vaccinated in the first place is because I was blindly following doctors orders without doing any of my own research. Vote me down if you want, but I gave you a reason why.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Of course. I dont want to be responsible for my child becoming seriously ill, or for them bringing some preventable disease to school.

Answer by gemgem at 3:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yep, I believe the benefits out weight the risks.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I did vaccinate my son I think its the responsible thing to do. But each person is entitled to their own opinion.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 3:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Completely agree. Parents who worry about autism and other things need to do some research. When I asked my doctor, she said that most of the vaccines people were referring too were the ones that had mercury in them, which no shots have in them now. My kids haven't missed any shot, except my ds skipped the chicken pox one since he already had them.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• everyone has their own opinion mine: I will not vacinate until my children are older and i will choose the ones they get..
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011