Doc says i statistically have a better chance at having a boy this time because i have 2 girls???

Anyone else told this or heard this before?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 4:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• soooooo not true. I am pregnant for the 3rd time and I thought for sure that I was going to have a boy this time around for 2 reasons 1 was because I was having so many diffrent symptoms with this pregnancy and I didn't have any with the first 2 and another reason was because I already have 2 girls. Well I went to the doctor last friday I am 21 weeks I am having another girl. So it isn't true
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Your doc is an idiot. Find another one.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Statistics have nothing to do with it, its all about the Genes and chromosomes :)
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• So so so not true! My mom had 5 girls, no boys.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It's ridiculous and shows that your doctor doesn't understand mathematics. Pregnancies are all independent events. You have just as much chance of having 2 girls followed by a boy as you have for having 2 girls followed by a girl.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Nope, he just might be trying to get ur hopes up....but that is so not true my sister has 4 boys and my cousin has 4 girls so it really depends!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• WOW! No honey I'm sorry. Thats not how it works its your husbands chromosomes that decided the sex of the child. If you were to put odds into it, you would have better odds of having another girl. Its still a 50/50 shot for the most part. The egg is neutral - it's always an X; the sperm contains the chromosome that determines gender - an X or a Y. An XX is a girl; an XY is a boy. Best of luck. Hope you get the sex you want!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Unless he was joking with you, I'd be looking for a new doctor. Your chance of having a boy is 50/50.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No, not true at all. Generally, it's going to be a 50/50 chance, but actually, there is some evidence that parents who have mostly girls have bodies that are more hostile to the fragile y-chromosome sperm. x-chromosome sperm can survive more easily in bodies that are under stress, over heated, or have a more acidic body ph. Men who are always stressed on the job are more likely to have daughters, and women who have a more acidic body ph are more likely to have daughters.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I thought it all depended on the fastest swimmer. LOL
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011