Losing too much.

Ever since I had my son, my appetite has completely disappeared. Towards the end of my pregnancy I started hearing that this will happen, but I also heard its supposed to come back. My son is 6 months now and nothings changed. I'm just never hungry. I never thought I would see the day where I actually wanted to stop losing weight, but I need to. My fiancée is always saying I look disgusting. Which doesn't exactly make me feel better...

Is anyone else going through/or has gone through this? Does anyone know what could be going on with me? I'm worried there could be something medically wrong.

michelliemama

Asked by michelliemama at 4:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• I have no idea, but you should definately make an appointment with your doctor. Have you tried making the most of your calorie intake when you are eating??? Like if you have cereal for breakfast add a handful of nuts to it....lots of calories and healthy fats.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• First I agree you should see your DR. Are you breastfeeding? I did and no matter how much I ate I continued to lose weight. i'm suppose to weigh no less then 140 but I got down to 130 and looked pretty weird because of my body type. Anyways as soon as I stop breastfeeding I gain some weight back. Now the DR says I'm about 10lbs over weight.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have no appetite whatsoever for about the first month or two after I deliver, but I have never had it last that long. I would just try to eat the best you can. Maybe that natural drop off in appetite has your stomach shrunk down to where it can't tolerate a normal sized meal anymore?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I breastfed for a few months but I haven't been for a while now. Thank you both for your ideas! =]
    michelliemama

Comment by michelliemama (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If you're not breastfeeding, you should see your doc.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Definitely talk to your dr and possibly even a nutritionist.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 7:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i have no clue
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011