Money and Diapers

Me and my husband switched our 10 month old son's diapers to the crappy $14 diapers from the amazing $35 diapers only because we are in a rut with money now. Is there any ideas or way to get my son's skin to accept these new cheaper diapers, and I do use straight cornstarch which is my little rash miracle but I am asking this because I know some children who can get use to it using "little technics" I was wondering if any of you have any "technics" I could try? PLEASE HELP??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some cheap diapers may work better than others. Maybe buy a different brand next time.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I've never heard of that?? I tried to use Luvs and DS broke ut in a bad rash so we just went back to Pampers.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• im sorry. this happened to us. we tried to switch to the cheap sams club and she got a rash. I wouldn't force it. i mean, you wouldn't continue to wear something that made you uncomforable. btw, i order my diapers through amazon too. i get a box of huggies for $23. If you register as a mother and sign up for the plan that automatically sends them out (you set the time frame and can change it whenever) you get a 30% discount. thats how i get them for 23.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i use cloth cuz it's a one time cost and i've only had rash problems with plastic ones or if it's left on too long. hope it gets better for you!
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sorry hun, if you find one let me know. With my son the only one he didnt get a reaction to was Pampers and now with my daughter the only one that she doesnt get a reaction to is Huggies. If you find something let us all know.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• All moms on here who answered so far its time for coupons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all very much anyone else wanna answer feel free my heads about to pop off about this horrible rash!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Have you tried Target brand? They are actually softer than alot of the other generic store brands. It is worth a try.

If you are still dealing with rashes . . . clip coupons . . . and buy on sale. ABout once a month Vons/Pavillions/Safeway puts out a special coupon for two dollars off. To that, you can add a $1 manufacturer coupon, which is doubled, and you winf up getting $4 off. $15.99 for a box.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Honestly, i'd try amazon.com and sign up for amazon mom, and you save 30% or diapers.com they do the same and free shipping for new customers, price check those sites and message me, i can explain the great deal i got from amazon, it was easy. Good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thank you all again we decided just to go back to his huggies! their $35 a box but some things you just need to spend alot of money on and your (and my child) is one of them!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I've never heard of forcing skin to get used to something...I use Huggies, and WalMart has HUGE boxes for only $20. DD is a size 2, and one box has 100 diapers. DH's other daughter is a size 4 or 5, and a $20 box for her has about 90 or so.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2011