Do you think it matters WHICH hours you sleep?

I'm always tired during the day. It's okay when I get up, but once about 2 pm hits, I I have no energy. My mom says that it may be because though I get about 6 hours of sleep every night, I usually go to bed at about 3 am. Have you found that which hours you sleep have an effect on your energy level?

Another thing I think it may be is that I drink hardly any water. Like, I just realized that in the last two days I haven't even drink an entire glass of water total.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 4:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• I worked Nights for 15 yrs. 7pm to 7 am. Water is a key element for everyone. However, some of us just have a flip flopped internal body clock. I can work a 12 hour shift overnight and not be sleepy. Put me on a 12 hr during the day and it is like torture to get through. We had light occlusive drapes in our bedroom and I played a white noise tape continuosly on a CD player. I got home at 7:30 relaxed a bit and tried to be in bed by 0900 am I slept until 5 mins before m,y youngest walked in the door from school at 3:30. We did homework, supper, and I left for work at 6:30pm. As long as I stuck to the same routine and did not try to break up my sleep (Like sleep a couple hrs then get up and do something then lay back down before work) It was perfect for me. I suspect you issue isn't so much the hours..but your diet and water intake. Dehydration can ravage your system and you can not even know it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes,it really does matter. Our bodies are tuned to sleep when its dark,and be awake when its light.
    Water and dehydration play a big role in energy levels

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• For some people the timing is vital. I used to work 12:30 AM - 10AM on weekends. I've recently switched to 1:30PM - 11:30 PM... and I find my energy level is a LOT better because of it, even though I only get two hours sleep on Sunday night before I have to head to my weekday job.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm going to start going to bed earlier then. It's weird, because at night I actually have a lot of energy, but in the daytime I feel drained. I've actually worried at time that something is seriously wrong with me, then I remember that I have a horrible sleeping schedule and I hardly drink any water. Once I realized I had only drank the equivalent of about one bottle of water in 4 days! Yet, I drink caffeinated beverages which I know can dehydrate you more. I'm so bad!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I can go to sleep at anytime and it doesnt bother my energy level
    RhiannonNewton

Answer by RhiannonNewton at 4:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, Try to sleep at the quit time in the house. The steal surround ings will relax and bore you to sleep.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 4:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2011