If you started your leave from work before you delivered, how did you know it was time?

I am about 32 weeks, but I am measuring 36 weeks, and every time I stand up I feel like I am going to "bottom out". It is causing me a lot of pain, and we are okay financially, so making myself miserable really doesn't seem worth it.

TODAY WAS MY LAST DAY! WOOHOO!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i quit around week 36 mostly b/c it was a very stressful job (at least to me) and i was ready to be done with it. i can be pretty mean in the last weeks of pregnancy so it was a bad idea for me to be working w/ customers and handling their bill payments haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My Dr. told me to lol
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• With my first my doctor told me it was time to stop working at my 39 week appointment, so I took off and washed my car and cleaned my home...and waited bored out of my mind for 5 more days.  With my twins I gradually cut back my hours and planned all along to stop work completely in the 36th week. By 34 weeks I wasn't sure I'd make it that much longer, but I stuck with the plan and stopped work 5 days before the babies were born (didn't do any cleaning during that wait). 

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I got absolutely miserable around 33 weeks, and stopped then. I gave birth three days later.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have toxemia again, so my doctor has been telling me my days might be numbered...I just numbered them myself. Ahhh. I am so relieved.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• SWasson: This is my 3rd and I have never been so miserable either. I am afraid of delivering too early. I know I am measuring big, but at 33 weeks, what special treatment did your baby need? If you don't mind sharing that is. Obviously as mothers, our number one priority is to make sure our children get the best start they can at life, but there are things beyond our control!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011