DO all CHRISTIAN BASED RELIGONS THINK ABORTION

IS wrong??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Most don't believe in it, but there are groups who are not discriminating, or going to punish someone for doing so.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Christians who truly believe that God created those babies do..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 4:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't know. I don't think it's just a religion thing. I don't agree with abortion and it has nothing to do with religion.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• agree with scouts mom!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• There are lots of pro-choice Christians. And there are those, like scout_mom said, that don't agree with abortion without having religious justification.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Savedmom2011 as for different kind of religion they all probaly have different views what do u think about abortion?
    Savedmom2011

Answer by Savedmom2011 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It's been my experience that most Christians are against abortion in a religious context. Now whether or not they are politically prolife or prochoice, and whether they tend to judge those who have them or not, is a whole other matter. But I can't say for certain that ALL Christian denominations are religiously against abortion.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I can say I know people who say they're Christians and they've had abortions. While a specific religion (or denomination) might not support the idea, each individual ultimately makes that decision for themselves. How many people do you know go to such-and-such church but don't agree with all of it's teachings?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm with KelleyP77 on this. Most Christians I know are personally opposed to abortion, in the sense that they believe it is wrong and would not choose it. However, not all Christians I know are politically pro-life. I know quite a few who are politically pro-choice in the sense that they don't think abortion should be illegal under the law.
    I know for me, I'm personally pro-life in that I would not choose to abort a child that had a decent chance at life (where I might waver is with, for instance, a child with anencephaly or another condition incompatible with life... thankfully I have never been in that position.) However, politically I am very pro-choice because I am very strong on patient choice in medical matters... I don't think anyone's hand should be forced when making medical decisions for themselves- and the decision to undergo pregnancy/childbirth is a medical decision.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i was pro-life before i was Christian.
    But I AM PRO LIFE FOR ME... and would never try to take that right away from others -- we all have to live with the choices we make but should not force our beliefs on others.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011