Insults

It makes me laugh when people say your a christian and you do this isnt it a sin. For ex. maybe i dropped a can on my foot and the word sh*t comes out of my mouth out of reaction. Do i cuss all day no i dont but i use to. Just like everyone else you learn and you become more mature as you age. Why is it that because i go to church i am suppose to be perfect? i know some christian portray how holy they can be but thats not me. I will list a few things i struggle with i am prideful why because my whole life i had to raise myself while my mother got high its my way to protect myself. now i have grown but still struggle. i have anger problems why? because my whole life i have been lied to stolen from beat. do i get angry like before no but im alotbetter than before. as long as i can look back each year and see growth i am happy with myself so for someone to insult my beliefs because i am human and do thing i regret get me upset. does this bother anyone else the double standard christians get? I am a christian and i am not perfect, my God is and through him he works on me andwashes me clean. sorry its a little venting :)

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 4:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My SIL and I were just talking about something like this! She "liked" the movie Dirty Dancing and then "liked" the Addicted to Jesus page. She said a woman came along and said that she just couldn't see how someone could claim to be addicted to Jesus if they liked Dirty Dancing because it's "not a Christian movie"! 

It's the people that make idiotic comments like that, that give the rest of the Christians the bad name. However, as we all know, there are idiots like that in EVERY religion. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think the problem lies within the christians who find themselves so perfect that they can then point their judgmental finger at others.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Hon, only God can judge you. I like what Joyce Meyer often says: "I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be!"
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 9:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I completely agree ! Dont pay attention to what people say !
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 4:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, this is why I really don't like a particular 'Brand" of Christian. Those people have basically ruined it for the rest of us. There is a certain group of Christianity out there who feel as though it's ok to judge everyone, and to tell us all we're going to hell for the things we believe. Those same people seem to be excluded from the judgements because they claim to be "saved". However, they are "sinners" just like anyone else. I think that a lot of people based on the judgements of that particular group of Christians, and it makes it hard for the rest of us.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• People of all religious beliefs can be rude and insulting. Just keep doing the best you can for you and your children and ignore all the comments.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I feel the same way. And I agree with sahmamaxx2.  This isn't how all Christians behave (I'm sure you realize that).  We all sin and have struggles.  And for me one of my biggest struggles is using profanity when I get mad.  I grew up in a home where the adults swore like sailors.  It's a learned thing.  I beat myself up for it enough because I can't understand why it's so EASY for me to turn off my foul language at church or in front of children, but at home it all flies out...I don't need someone else telling me how bad I am.  Just know that it's not all Christians.

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• @ popzaroo i LOVE that i just put it as my facebook status lol
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2011