MY fricken roommate is makeing me crazy!!!

Ok so i have a roommate, i pay most of the rent and bills she pays what she can pay she is 44 and im 23 she is deaf and uses that as a acuse to do what ever and say what ever......I have recently quit smokeing and i asked her to please not smoke in the house bc of the kids and bc i dont wanna smell it! What does she do! smoke in side the laundry room! Not only that but she refuses to feed her dog dog food, she cooks ground beef and rice for the dog every damn day, we have balry anything in our frige so i went out and bought a few things, i woke up this morning and she is makeing mac and cheese for the damn dog! I just bought that! So later that day her daughter who is 17 comes over to the house (she lives with her aunt bc she cant afford to take care of her) and her daughter lights up a join in my house!!!!! I flipped the fuck out and took the pot from her daughter and threw it out the window, her daughter went off on me calling me a bitch and her mom just sat there! Letting her do what she wants! Last night it was 3am and her daughter dident come back home, tracie my roommate was sleeping so i shut the lights and locked the doors, here she comes at 5 15am knocking to let her in, i ignored her she can learn her lesson and stay out side till i wake up! Her mom should have been up waiting on her she is deaf how she gonna hear her daughter come home if she is sleeping????

Im at a loss on what to do! ive tried talking to her but she does no wrong! I cant leave bc the lease is in my and her name! Please help me come up with some ideas b4 i say somethings i regret! i havent smoked in 4 days and she is pushing me!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• tell her she needs to find a new place by the end of the month. you have plenty of legit reasons
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You are on edge from quitting. And she needs to move out. That behavior is unacceptable. If she wants to feed the dog people food, she needs to pay for it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sounds like you are letting someone take advantage of you. People only do to you what you allow them to do. I would set down the rules and if they are a problem, evict her. That is why I NEVER had a roommate. You set the precedent by allowing her to move in and pay "what she can" never a good way to start - she has no real stake in anything - you have become a caretaker. good luck
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• She is on ssi and gets 674 a mo, i make more then her so im ok with her paying what she can thats not a prob!

Can i really kick her out if both of our name is on the lease?
    DeeMarie87

Comment by DeeMarie87 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• WOW all i can say is WOW..lol You obviously can do fin on your own, tell she she has to go no question about it. Don't smoke, you are doing great!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would have had the girl arrested. I'm sorry, but I would never allow someone to come in my home and smoke pot. Another thing, this is your house. You need to lay down the rules now. Tell she has to start helping with bills and food. If she wants to feed her dog people food, she needs to pay for that herself. If she wants to smoke, she CAN NOT do it in the house. If you find her lighting up in the house you need to throw a fit. You also need to put it in writing, it can hold up in court if necessary. Eventually, she will grow up and help out or she will move out.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Of course you can't kick her out if her name is on the lease - you are pretty much screwed. I would try to get through your lease term and when it is up I would move and not live with a moocher who takes advantage of me and smokes in the presence of my children.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011