Do you keep to yourself,or do you know everybody's business? Neighbor-wise?

I keep to myself. I'm always amazed when my next door neighbor will start talking about someone and I'm like "who? what?" She knows everyone's comings and goings. Kinda creepy if you ask me!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I keep to myself with most things. I will watch the neighbors if they are outside being weird though.lol
    fineyouguyswin

Answer by fineyouguyswin at 5:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Meh, I'm sort of nosy, but the stuff I know is also sort of not my fault...I work at home so I'm here all the time and can't help but see the comings and goings of people, who's coming to their houses, who hired which bug company, etc etc. I don't really socialize a lot with the neighbors, so it's not like I'm out seeking gossip, I'm just...observant. ;-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We totally keep to ourselves... that's why I refuse to live in a small town - we had a neighbor who knew when we woke up and when my DH went to work and if he was later one day from the next... crreeeeppppyyyy!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't know any of my neighbors. Don't care to. Their business isn't my business lol. Plus, we all live really close together. If I go outside I don't want them to start coming up to try and talk to me.

I did talk to a neighbor, that has since moved, a few times. Any time DH or I would go outside this lady would try and talk to us. Drove us absolutely insane. No thank you, not going to do that again. LOL.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• keep to myself
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 5:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My neighbor does that too. She says some pretty heavy shit about people sometimes. Stuff that isn't true, or it's twisted. Which is funny seeing as she's not well liked from what I hear. It's sad. THere are things I really do like about her, but it's hard to deal with the smack talk.
    Anonymous

• I have good relationships with my neighbors, and they are friends, as well. We watch houses for each other when one is away, taking care of mail and papers and making it look like someone is home even when there isn't.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i keep to my self, but we live in a rough area right now and i also keep my ear open to things i need to know!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I only know things about the people the live right next to me, and it's not because I am being nosy. I live in a townhouse and can hear my neighbor running down their stairs and slamming the front door ALL DAY. So I know when they are coming and going. I don't know anyone's personal business though, nor do I care.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my family has lived in our neighborhood since before it was an entire neighborhood lol we were like the fourth house here and now its a complete cul de sac /street within a big development. my parents have been here 23 years.
    theres a home owners association and block watches and meetings and crap
    my parents were involved when my brother and i were little because most of the other families had kids our age. a lot have moved but most have been here at least five years.
    one neighbor actually emails everyone shit about everyone else like DONT FORGET SO AND SO WILL BE IN THE PLAY AT THE HIGHSCHOOL THIS WEEKEND rahrahrah
    lol like, seriously, we're not a family, dont email me.
    i hope when i have my own house someday i can stand the neighbors. i wouldn't mind, nice, sane, neighbors.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011