Please Help Me

My neighbors dogs are driving me crazy first there chiuahua wont stay out my yard and tries to attack my dogs now I come home tonight with my kids and there rottweiler and pitbulls were running loose through my yard and the rottie tried to bite my child and then bite me and went after my two year old I barely got them in the house without getting bit then the dogs follow me into my own house and tried to kill my two kittens the neighbors then had the nerve to threaten me cause they seen me kick the dog out of my door I called animal control about the leash law they said they can't do anything unless they see them violating the leash law so what do I do now

one_white_rose

Asked by one_white_rose at 7:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pets

• call the police and tell them you have dogs in your yard, andthey tried to harm you and your children, also, as a land owner you also have every right to protect you and yours.... sling shot, pepper spray, etc etc... also, if you call 911 screaming and crying... that gets them there even faster... i feel bad for animals like that, cause they only come from f--kup owners.... im sorry that this happened to you...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• call the police. tell them there are aggressive animals loose. and if animal control refuses to help you, contact your local state legislator and compalin. that is what animal control is there for.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 7:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• well when I called animal control the neighbors had the dogs up by the time they got there so animal control said since they didn't see it happen there is nothing they can do about it so we called the police and the police told us unless they seen it done or one of us was actually bit then they can't do anything either
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 7:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• contact your congressperson then.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 7:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• We had a similar prob with a chihuahua 2 blks over. What you need to do is either have a vodeo camera and record when you see them loose. Or as soon as you see them loose call the police .
    itsokmomshere

Answer by itsokmomshere at 8:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• CALL THE POLICE--- NOW!!! I am thinking that you have talked to you neighbors, RiGHT?????
    joanne580

Answer by joanne580 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Keep calling the police AND animal control. Plus, good idea with the video camera. Or take a picture of it. Are the owners clueless about it? Maybe you can talk to them about it?
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Call the police and tell them the dogs attacked you. Even if they try to bite its still considered an attack. My neighbor has a dog. She just lets her dog out, and she herself stays inside. That dog is soo nasty looking and behaving, that every time I see it, I call the police and tell them he is out. Basically after a few calls to the police and animal control they took the dog away. When you complain of attacks, they by law have to take the dog away for a few days to evaluate them. Keep calling and be very persistent about it, otherwise there will be a day when those dogs will hurt you or your children. Good luck
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Pit bulls are against the law in a lot of areas, If you call the police and tell them that her pit bulls are agressive and you are afraid of them for yourself or your children, they might do something faster. People have been killed by pit bulls, and you might need to remind the police of this fact.
    Anonymous

• Don't tell them that you are calling. Just call when you see them running loose. I would cal the police, they MIGHT get there faster than animal control - MIGHT!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008