Child Abandonment Letter adult content

Hello everyone,

Backround: I am adopting my husbands bd, whom together we have been raising as our own since she was born 6 years ago

However my question: My dd fm's whereabouts are unknown. They have been for the last six years. Because of this we have to prove that DD was "abandoned"/ Because we do not have an address or her written consent the courts are requesting that we

"submit abandonment affidavits and state in our own words why we feel the birth mother has abandoned the child"

I dont know how to start off, I dont know if it should be very formal or emotional??? Are they looking for more of a timeline, or an indepth story?? And how in the world am I to start off the first sentence

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• inclode facts when bm was last seen any cards or latter you got ect ect
    i wish my kids birth mum would disiper lol
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'd probably stick mostly to facts and state the date of the last time she saw her, had contact (phone or mail), paid support of any kind. Just basically prove that she hasn't been around. I'd add any emotional damage that has been done to the daughter (not you or dad), it should be all about what is best for your daughter. Good Luck!!

(put date here) was the last time that (mothers name here) has had contact with (child's name here).
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i think u should do it not so emotionally and every time u mention the child u make sure u state ur daughter cuz she is ur daughter u had her since birth ,,, and that is ur baby girl
    frances693

Answer by frances693 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Start off, "In regards to the abandonment of _______-age 6, by the birth mother _______, I would like to submit the following information......"
    Give all the facts in as much detail as possible. Then write a closing paragraph giving the more emotional side of the situation.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• The courts dont want emotional. Just the facts. How to start off? Dear Judge, The court has requested that we the intended adoptive parents of _____(child's name) are required to provide the court proof of the Birth mother's abandonment of said child. Below and or attached, please find the affidavit's for your perusal
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011