How is one that is so self concious able to "let the freak out?" adult content

Yes Im talkin about me. My bf and I have been together off and on for 4 years. I just had my second child, our first together. I have always been shy and self concious when it comes to being intimate. He wants me to open up. When we text and it gets to where its like. I dont know how to get you going and he says try, dont be so self concious, let the freak out, try new things... I feel horrible. and its not cause I just had a baby. its cause no matter how much id want to be a certain way or do certain things I chicken out and I feel like im going to be laughed at.. i dont come off as sexy and its because i lack the confidence which I dont understand why... UGH so silly to be putting this up here. whats wrong with me. lol why cant i just go with it... hmmm

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• don't think about it. just do it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• All I can say is take that step of faith. I used to be like you, then my husband gradually encouraged me to try different things, etc., and I'm now who I am today...a total freak WITH HIM ;)

If he is wanting you to try it, and he then laughs at you for your effort, then his ass needs to be dumped. Period. But if he's who I would think he is, he'll enjoy it, no matter how "weird" you feel. And...practice makes perfect ;) The more you step out of that comfort zone, the more it'll be natural for you to do it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• it can be tough if your feeling self concious...maybe just try letting the freak out little by little...I am sure you have fantasies maybe star with sharing one of them with your bf...he wont laugh at you and hey who knows maybe he will make it come true :) good luck hun
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ohh nothing is wrong with you. most girls feel that way about things. ask yourself why you feel that way like, really why.
    why are you afraid of being laughed at. has your boyfriend done that before? if so - that sounds like an entirely different issue that would require a whole other comment... if he hasn't treated you that way before then you should take baby steps towards "letting your freak out" and trust that he will not put you down or make you feel weird. sometimes you just have to take a risk. a small risk, but a risk.
    for example take the whole dirty texting thing. take a few minutes and think of a few slightly kinky or suggestive things to say to him the next time it comes up that way you will be prepared for it and you can go a head and take that small risk and see what happens. when he responds positively you'll start to learn that it is okay to act that way.
    baby steps!
    but nothing is wrong with you, trust me
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• watch porn start fantasizing while you're masturbating...figure out which kinky things turn you on then try them with your hubby, have fun!!
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• start doing it with the lights off
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Read erotic short stories to yourself for ideas or with him in bed.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I always find it easier to be "freaky" when I feel sexy. Buy yourself some pretty underpinnings from victoria secret or Pricilla's. Perhaps you could find a movie you are interested in. You could pop it in the DVD player and watch together. GL
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 6:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011