Potty training

ok so I have a 19 month old son and he NEVER keeps a diaper on we had to resort to a little packaging tape. and My SO stays home with him while i work he told me that from the time my son woke up till his nap he ripped off his diaper like 5-6 times after he peed in them once. We have a training potty but he just throws a fit if i sit him on it and he tears it apart. I am not going to force him but from what I have read he is showing signs of potty training readiness. How do I go about this?

kduffy

Asked by kduffy at 6:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bought my kids colorful underwear so they wanted to wear them. They did their very best to keep the"big kid underwear" clean and dry. I also praised and rewarded them for each dry day they had. I never scolded for accidents either.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 6:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my LO when did that about that age also, I started to try potty training but it took awhile, what does he do when hes not wearing a diaper. could always try putting a potty chair in your living room
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• the potty chair is in my living room. ha ha. he will run around naked and just pee as hes going
    kduffy

Comment by kduffy (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2011