Here's My Favorite Christmas Treat To Make. What's Yours?

I make white chocolate covered mini pretzels sprinkled with crushed peppermint pieces.

I have a small double boiler specific for melting the Wilton's chocolate discs from the craft stores.

Once melted I dip the small pretzels in the chocolate and shake off the excess, then place them ona cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. To get the peppermint on both sides of the pretzel I sprinkle the pieces on the parchment before I put the pretzels on it.

Once I have a tray full of pretzels, I sprinkle the peppermint pieces on top and place in my freezer for about 5min to harden.

This process can be done for any toppings you like. Ive used tiny choc chips, finely grated pecans, almonds, any nuts. Ive also used finely crushed candy bars like nestle crunch.

i make a huge variety and place them in cellophane bags or tins from the dollar store and voila! I have gourmet gifts for teachers, bus drivers, mail persons, etc.

lilmizmoore

Asked by lilmizmoore at 7:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I like to get those little gelatin orange slices and cover them in melted chocolate!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i make mud pie every year its sooo good!
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have 2. The first one is my family's very favorite. "Santa's Favorite Cookies". Basically they are peanut butter cookies with mini milky way bars melted inside. The second one is homemade Baklava with mini chocolate chips. Yumm!
    trhender

Answer by trhender at 6:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2008