Can anyone relate?

I am a mother of twins. Both are boys, and they have different sleeping schedules, different eating habits, one has a tooth and the other doesn't, and they learn at a different pace. They are 7 months old. Will one always be one step ahead of the other?

ajmcheath

Asked by ajmcheath at 6:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• there is a good chance of that. all babies are different. whether they're twins or not.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm a twin and Mom always told us that we couldn't have been more different if we tried. We slept at different times, ate differently, developed differently. And we are identical twins. My sister was always slower at everything. Learning, sports, education.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• That is so crazy that is exactly my sons, they are identical as well but nothing they do is the same. I can tell them apart as if they were fraternal.
    ajmcheath

Comment by ajmcheath (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• That's been the case with my kids to an extent, though it's always a little tricky because they're not the same sex. My son has always been developmentally more mature than my daughter (I know, rather atypical). I've never been sure how much of that is nurture and how much nature. Now that they're older though, they have more distinct talents so it's not as pronounced as it was when they were young.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have fraternal twin boys- they are now 9 and look and act nothing alike and they never have. they have a 6in height difference a 15lb weight difference, one is shy the other is outgoing, they have different strengths in school. Just remember that even though their twins, not sure if yours are identical or fraternal they are still individuals and will develop and excell in differnt ways.
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 7:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2011