Anyone else?

Not worry bout toys? Like as in them being a mess? I think that as long as they are put in one spot and they are out of the way so what they are just going to be right back out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think toyboxes are fabulous inventions, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I agree with you on that. My son has a room dedicated to his toys... I don't feel the need to h ave him pick them up every time he steps away for a minute (he is 2 by the way allmost 3) He is just gonna go back in there and take them all back out. I only worry about putting them away before we both go to bed so he can start fresh in the morning.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 7:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• OP HERE.

Oh my kids have them but the toys are never in them because the toys dont stay there for long a couple times a week I go in their rooms and put their toys were they belong and I get them out of the living room and really clean their room but most the time they are just on the floor out of the way. My kids are under 3 so i do most the cleaning and with me being 33wks pregnant i just dont feel like bending to pick them up.
    Anonymous

• My sons toys are in the form of the computer, Ipod, Xbox or cell phones. So I don't have to worry about that anymore. But...back in the day...I had a play room and they had to have it picked up at the end of the day. If they had their toys out of the playroom and somewhere else in the house then they knew to put them away if they were done.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My son has a playroom...he shares a room with his step brother till he is a little older and as long as they are put in there at night I don't mind. We have cars all over our house but they are in the play room every night. He does that then goes to bed.
    momma2zac2006

Answer by momma2zac2006 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I don't pick up my sons toys until the end of the day because I know they're just going to be out 2 seconds later. My mom on the other hand goes behind him and picks them up even if he's crawling 2 feet away she's already picking the other toys up.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have to agree.....why organize during the day when the kids are gonna ransack 5 minutes later.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I turned my dining room into a playroom for my twin boys. Most days we don't pick up until bed time. The boys are two so we try to get them to help pick up but other times we just put them to bed and take care of it ourselves. I can't relax unless their mess is picked up for the day and hate to wake up to a house that's already trashed with toys. (On some days it looks like a toy bomb exploded in my upstairs).
    I have a shelf that I used for their cars and trucks so as long as they end up there I'm ok with that. I have plastic boxes with covers for legos and trains that go up on another shelf with other toys that get pulled down from time to time. We also keep some toys downstairs in the family room. (The goal is for them to play down there more and eventually all the time when they can be trusted to be on their own down there.) For that space I use a laundry basket and we just pile the toys in it when we're done playing.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 9:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My son has this great toy box, and no toys in it... I pick them up every night and by the next day around noon they are all over the room again... And the living room... He's 2, so I haven't really forced the pick up after your self thing yet.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2008