How can you handle 2 years old after u have other c section?

the baby number 2 is on the way and will have other c section. my son is 2 years old and very hyperactive. love to jump on his own mommy while in the bed.

BabyTaylor09

Asked by BabyTaylor09 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The doctors will keep you in the hospital until you are healed enough and there is always family to help out.
    ajmcheath

Answer by ajmcheath at 6:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Try to get as much help from family as you can. I was in the same boat! Good luck to you momma!
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 6:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Aviod another c-section. Most of the time, you can have a VBAC. I did. It was the best thing I ever did. Your chances of rupturing are 1%-the same as chances of rupture when they induce labor. It will depend on how you were cut though. You can always change doctors too. C-sections are risky with infection and I don't have to tell you how painful they are and how the recovery sucks.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• oh believe it or not i know how painful it is and how recovery sucks.. i been there!!!
    BabyTaylor09

Comment by BabyTaylor09 (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I had 3 c-sections in just over 2 years. And I never had any help after any of them other than my husband who went back to work within 2 weeks of the kids being born. AFter #3 was born I was home alone with a newborn, 13mo and 2yo. I got by. I did what I had to do because there were no other options. After #4 I had a newborn, 3yo, 4yo and 5yo to deal with which meant taking the oldest to and from the bus stop every day (and we lived on the 2nd floor...so stairs every single day). After the 3rd I had to lift my 25+lb toddler in and out of his crib and highchair and chasing 2 active toddlers around. I just had my 5th c-section last July and healed the quickest with that one. We moved across the country 3 weeks pp and I did all the packing and helped unload the moving containers at our new house (at 4 weeks pp).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• dang!!!!!!!! u do all that after you had c section.. whoosshh geessh
    BabyTaylor09

Comment by BabyTaylor09 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I had a 20 month old when I had my 2nd csection. I also had my older 3 kids at home. Normally, a 13 yo (my oldest) would have been able to help out, but he's severely autistic. My husband stayed home for the first week and that was it. My 2nd csection healed quicker than my first though, and from talking with friends that is typical. As moms, we do what we have to do!

Answer by missanc at 8:39 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Unfortunetly there is no easy answer for that one! I have a 2 yr old and a 9 mth old. Ask family member to help if you can. Be careful, I had incisional issues afterwards for doing too much..its not worth it. Do your best for 2-3 weeks afterwards in trying to keep yourself safe. Good luck, its alot of fun with all those little guys!
    NewMomAt39

Answer by NewMomAt39 at 3:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2011