Why dont people understand that piercings can come out and using the right make-up the holes can be covered up?

why cant employers say dont wear them to work(not that i would wear them to work, i have more common sense than to go to work with any jewelry on/in) but no they say none what so ever. i just think its bs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I personally think that if it is tasteful it shouldn't matter...like a nose piercing, if it is a really small stud, etc. I think it is rediculous just like tattoos...it's all a part of judging/descrimination
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 11:28 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Well, I think then you get into the idea of gauges and even when those come out no makeup is covering that up. Instead it's easier for an employeer to say no piercings at all.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If it's that much of a concern, maybe you should go with a smaller gauge. I used to have 14g for my snake bites and when I took them out or put retainers in you could see the holes. But when I went down to a 20g, you can't even tell that I have the piercings in the first place unless I buy gaudy jewelry. I still say that you should've taken them out the first time you went in. Appearance is pretty much everything nowadays when it comes to working in a public (sometimes even private) setting.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 6:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• depends where they are,how big they are
    if you show up to an interview looking like a pin cushion,they figure this is how you will choose to look while working

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If you don't want them to assume you'd wear them to work, then it's a good idea to not have them for the interview. I really don't think they care that there's a tiny hole in your lip....what they care about is the metal hanging from it.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 6:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I agree, don't show up with them in. You are selling yourself during the interview.

Not all peircings are capable of being hidden. Just saying. Those ones that are stretched stink as well. And a lot of the time you can still see the holes. I have a huge gouge in my brow where a peircing used to be.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I used to have my nose peirced and just wore a clear nose ring in. Never had any problems. I guess some employers are just anal like that.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i just have 2 in my lip and with concealer i cant see the holes..i have 16 gage piercings...and i would never show up to an interview with them in. we live in a smaller town so these ppl seen me out and about with them in.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You knew the possibilities when you got the piercings. Your fault not the possible emploers fault.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I am not being snippy, I mean this as encouragement......When you own your business, you get to make your own rules.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 11:31 AM on Apr. 1, 2011