Are you for or against Gay marriage and why?

I'm just asking because I think it's an important issue but it seems that alot of people are just very neutral on it.
I'm personally against it. The very idea of it attacks the foundation that the family was built on. And yes I do have several gay friends. I don't have anything against them as a person most are quite nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• How does it attack your marriage is what I want to understand. Are you gay? Is your DH?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Leaving religion out of it what does it hurt?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It's not that it attacks our "marriage" it attacks the family. If you actually read the bible you will see that it's one of those begining of the end things.
    Plus we have enough married couples as it is trying to adopt kids and doing invitro and all of that stuff. Can 2 women physically get pregnant by the other partner and have a baby? Can 2 men do the same thing? No. So that creates a problem. If they can't produce kids on their own how are they going to get them?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Families come in all different forms and that's just the way it is. If gays and lesbians want to marry, then so be it. Maybe they will have a lower divorce rate than heterosexual couples.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 7:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• now see you couldn't leave religion out of it could you 2murphyboys? So you are saying that heterosexual couples can't adopt or choose not to have children?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I'm for gay marriage. Why? Because it's a human right. Gay people are just people. They are just gay. What's the big deal?It's like saying an AA person can't marry a caucasian person. People are people.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 8:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That is not an valid reason to not let gays marry.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I guess then single parents attack the foundation of families, too? And step families? And adoptive families? I don't understand your point. Like the person above said...families come in all shapes and sizes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Oh oh I see so unless you live by the christian code then you are nothing...rather less than nothing. Oh I get it now...
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I must have missed that meeting. Last time I checked families come in all shapes and sizes
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2008