ancestry

Does anyone know of any free ancestry websites? We are trying to research my DHs family tree and really don't want to pay for a website. Or if anyone knows a website for Scottish or Scots Irish heritage. We have googled but can't find anything that is free.

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 7:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Just for Fun

• There really aren't any that are truly free that I know of. But, I know that you can get pretty far with ancestry.com. They have a two week free trial, and if you do it right, get all the info you can get before the trial, you may be able to use the free trial to get any lingering missing info, and not have to pay. I'd love to know if anyone else has some free sites, though, cause I haven't found any either.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• When I was a part of ancestry.com they let you have a trial membership and you could cancel at any time.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 9:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Have you tried looking into the Mormon ancestry records?
    http://www.ancestorhunt.com/mormon_church_records.htm
    They have a wealth of information. If you don't want to do it online due to the cost, start hitting up your local library and doing some research the old fashioned way.
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 9:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2008