Do you think it should be required of women to notify the father of the baby they are considering aborting?

I know so many people that have had abortions without telling the "guy" they were ever pregnant. Do you think that's fair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it's sad when a female sleeps with a man, doesn't use protection, isn't on BC, knows there's a possibility of getting pregnant, even when protection is being used, gets pregnant, and wants to abort, although the father is 100% capable of taking care of that child (because yes, some MEN are fully capable of carrying that father role) So why can't the mother carry the child and let the father take full responsibility? I just don't understand......What if that man WANTS that baby?
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, it is completely fair.

When he grows a uterus, a vagina, can carry a pregnancy to term, experience birth and recovery- THEN be solely responsible for the infant... then, and ONLY THEN, does he get a say.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think they should tell the man.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes I think there should be a requirement for the father to consent (Assuming there is no laws broken in the conception). Dh would have a grown child now if the stupid bitch he got pregnant didn't abort. He begged her to have the kid, He'd take full custody and never ask her for anything. Yet she refused. That was HIS child too. They both made the mistake, they both should get a say.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Please ObbyDobbie don't hold back. I agree!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Let's see how this scenerio plays out..."Daddy, I'm pregnant" says the 13 year old girl who was molested by her father and is legally bound to tell him about the pregnancy and get his consent too. Or find the guys who gang raped someone and inform them that they get her pregnant because she doesn't want to deal with a pregnancy on top of the traumatic experience. What case makes it okay that the BF knows the BM is getting an abortion?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't see what the point would be unless he had a legal right to fight the abortion.

100% pro-life though. I think it is sad all the way around.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If a man cares about his unknown-unborn child he should be more careful with who he spreads his seed with..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes he should be asked. It is his baby too, he has a right to know. Maybe he will be more supportive than expected.
    1sttimemommy711

Answer by 1sttimemommy711 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Ok seriously...I'm talking about the women who sleep with men (be it a one night stand, bf, husband, sex buddy, whatever). I'm sure they'd lie and say they didn't KNOW the father even if they really did.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011