My son the idiot

So I live in Sunny southern Cali, and as you all know it was beautiful out today! My son the genuis he is, made a comment about how some of the girls in class were wearing low cut shirts and mini skirts hot pants etc etc... and he couldnt focus. One girl was wearing a bandeau top my son thinks too himself thats not a shirt, My son is a boxer hes in great shape and has the 6 pack abs and muscle defenition, after gym class dosent put a shirt on and walks around when told to put a shirt on he said it was sexiest and that girl wasnt wearing a shirt so he wasnt going to either!!! He kept refusing and is now suspended. My son is a straight A student and incredibly shy, hes 15 in the 10th grade, has never got in the slightest bit of trouble. Where did this come from? Should I be concerned?

Mrsprizefighter

Asked by Mrsprizefighter at 7:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• LOL
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 7:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Hehehe, it's kind of funny. I think he's just trying to make a statement and make himself known. High school is when most people seem to do that.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• thats really funny now...
    BabyTaylor09

Answer by BabyTaylor09 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• He's alright. Just expressing himself. Just don't let it get out of hand. It's kind of funny.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• LOL, seriously LOL. I thought I was the only mother in the world who called her son an IDIOT. I feel so good right now. Sorry, back to your question..I wouldn't be concerned, he is just testing the waters.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• This made me laugh because I remember my mother telling us "I learned very fast not to think "my kid wouldn't do that" because as soon as I would think it, one of you kids would do it!" LOL Gotta love a teenager.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Lol here too. I wouldn't be concerned yet. Actually if it were me, I would be proud of him for standing up for what he believes in. More than likely he is right. I would just talk to him this time, if any other events start to come up down the road then I would start pulling the discipline torture of my choice, :-) I will never forget what my brother said about raising kids, you have to learn to laugh at it all. It sounds like he is a good kid. This was not voilent or malicious. Some of the girls out there need to cover up more. I agree with the point he was trying to make.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yeah, I had to smile at that one. He made a good point - it just backfired on him. Live and learn. I wouldn't be worried.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would laugh about it with him in five or ten years, but not today. It doesn't seem like anything that warrants serious concern on your part, but if he thinks it's no big deal to you then he might be tempted to see what else he can get away with.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I agree with the LOL's. I don't believe he was suspended for not putting a shirt on but for the REFUSAL to do so. I would talk to him about THAT matter but agree the schools should have a dress code for the girls. If girls can walk around with their tatas almost out and (as dh calls it) tennessee mud flaps showin....the boys should be allowed the same. The girls at my sons school wwear sleazy clothes also but the boys can't wear a muscle shirt unless there is another shirt on top. wth???
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011