Is there anything you can do about water retention with toxemia? adult content

I am so full of water I am going crazy. My hands are numb from my fingers being so swollen, my legs and feet are like play doh with the pitting edema.

My doctors are aware of my issues and are monitoring me every week now, but I am afraid I am taking a turn for the worse here at the end. Egh. Just in the last couple days I have gained 5lbs and stopped urinating like a pregnant woman. I will feel really thirsty and drink and drink...but my urine will be dark like it is when you are dehydrated.

I have a doctor appointment Monday, and I would like to wait it out until then. I started my leave from work today, so I can rest more and put my feet up, which I am assuming is what he would tell me to do anyway.

Do you think it is worth going in for early? Or is there anything more I can do for myself at home? I know they say to keep drinking, but geez!!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I agree to try the Brewer Diet!!
    :-)
    Good luck!

A study conducted at Harvard University found that by eating at least 75 grams of protein per day, pregnant women could prevent diseases of pregnancy such as preeclampsia (metabolic toxemia of late pregnancy).
    During pregnancy a woman's blood volume increases as much as 40 to 60 percent, and in order to reach this necessary level and maintain it, a woman's body needs adequate protein, salt, calcium, potassium and water from her diet.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• look into the "brewer diet" it may be able to help? IDK .. I just learn about this today - but wish i had known about it when i was pregnant.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• sorry sweetie I know what you are going through... I gained 14 pounds in one week due to water retention.... I have to help but to send virtual hugs good luck....
    mom2savannah731

Answer by mom2savannah731 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thanks...I will. I have had it with all my pregnancies, and I have never heard of that either!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would call my doctor if I was you. I had this with my son and got bad in the end. On my last appointment, she told me if I did not get better she was putting me in the hospital. Turned out, I went home form that appointment and went into labor the next day. But if it is something they are monitoring any way, you should call and see if they want you to come in or wait until Monday. Always better to be safe than sorry.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I third the Brewer Diet! Good nutrition is so important during pregnancy and can really help with many pregnancy "diseases".
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 1, 2011