Only Honest Answers Please.

Do you think that your signifigant other would leave you if a hotter and younger girl was showing him attention? My friend told me a month ago that the man she has been with for 6 years and has a 5 year old with said that he has met someone else and that he hasn't done anything but wants them to break up. He then comes around to pick up his daughter for a visit with a younger (about 4 years younger) and pretty (really made up , obviously doesn't have a kid). I guess he met this woman at work and she hangs on his every word and thinks he is the shit. He doesn't have money, not good looking, overweight, kind of dumb. wtf? My friend is pretty and responsible and intelligent. I don't think they should get back together but it was kind of a shock. they didn't really have problems or anything. apparently she saw him and knew he was with someone with a kid and asked to be his friend on facebook. from there they exchanged messages and she would say how smart he is and asked stupid questions that should be common sense and idk i guess he felt smart and shit. well anyways is every man capable of leaving their signifigant other for someone who shows them attention? If so, is the only way of avoiding it becoming a doting robot who follows her man around like he's a god or something? this is one of the times where I sigh and say fuck men.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I don't think my husband would leave me for a better looking, more youthful woman.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No, not all men would do that. I can guarantee that. And I definitely don't treat my husband like he's a god...I will, however, once in a while call him "Master" just for giggles :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Is this SO just a SO and NOT a husband? A guy who is unattached will be more likely to do something stupid like that. Usually a man who chooses to get married will be committed, and resist this kind of thing. That is a shame but , when you live with someone and you are not married,have not said vows,, you have to know there can be trouble.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My ex would have left me in a second if she had more money
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No my husband wouldnt leave me for someone else. We have been through too much and we dont want a broken family for our kids like ours was. But you never know, My aunt and uncle have been together for 23 years and separated last year because he found someone else,, So sh*t happens!
    proudmommy31604

Answer by proudmommy31604 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• is the only way of avoiding it becoming a doting robot who follows her man around like he's a god or something
    ....no, this will not work either, because then he will leave because he wants a challenge

some men need to be a bright shiney new penny, and when the woman he cheats with starts to see his flaws and love him on spite of flaws, he will need another one....your friend could have one of these men...and the other woman does not have to be anything special - just someone new who does not see his flaws = yet

some will cheat for a newer prettier one

some will cheat for sex (however i think not most for this reason) usually it is to fill a need that the cheater is missing = and not missing from partner, but missing in themselves

sorry to hear your friend going thru this. I have had two big relationships and both turned out to be real shits = but even I do not think that all men are crappy (just most of them)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No,My S.O would not leave me for anyone. In fact he chose to date me over a younger, very beautiful woman who was interested in him. He wanted someone that loved him as is,someone intelligent that he could carry on a conversation with and I fit that bill.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 7:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Obviously not all men are like this but the ones who are there are other red flags about them ususally. They don't just seem like the perfect man. Women just ignore the bad things they don't want to deal with then they say, oh he was perfect, what happened?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Nope I don't. Dh is faithful. He's been cheated on too many times to go down that road.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't think he will, but things like this make me question what I believe and what I know to be true.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011