Leftover chicken recipe ideas?

I made a super yummy roast chicken a few days ago. I always shred the chicken afterward and use it for various recipes. It normally makes two more meals for us. I already made a pot pie with half the chicken, but now I'm stuck on what to make with the other half! I normally make chicken noodle soup, enchiladas, or quesadillas, but I don't have an chicken broth and at this point in my pregnancy I can't handle Mexican food. Any ideas? My husband doesn't really like cooked vegetables in anything, so that complicates things! Thanks!!

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 7:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• chicken salad?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Throw it in a ziploc freezer bag and save it for another time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Is the chicken still on the carcass? That can be boiled to make stock.

Um... We like a recipe where you put shredded chicken on the bottom of a casserole dish then top it with a combo of i can crm of chicken soup and a small container of sour cream top with mashed potatoes and then sprinkle it with rits crackers and dab with butter. bake at 350 until heated through. Then when you scoop it iut you have chicken in this yummy gravy over mashed potatoes! We like it with broccoli!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Shredded BBQ chicken sandwhiches. Just heat up your favorite bbq sauce toss chicken in it then put on a bun.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well I was going to say chicken tacos, quesodillas or enchiladas but I see you want to stay away from Mexican food right now. We usually do a pot pie or enchilada with the leftovers. You could use them on pizza, or make sandwiches...tetrazzini, chicken noodle casserole...or freeze for another time.
    struezel

Answer by struezel at 7:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• What's tetrazzini?
    toriandgrace

Comment by toriandgrace (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You could make a gumbo with it. Add some sausage and yummo!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Cream chicken sandwiches - add enough cream of whatever soup to make it a nice consistency when hot, and serve on buns, either open-face or a roll. Or use the same mixture to top cooked pasta or rice. MIL makes a casserole my kids love - mix equal amounts rice, milk, and cream of whatever soup in a baking dish (I usually use 2 cans of each in a 9x13 pan). Sprinkle the chicken over, and you can leave the next part off but top with california mixed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots). Top that with some cheese, cover with foil, and bake til everything is cooked, about 1 hour or so. Or DH's aunt mixes the chicken with cream of whatever & sour cream, spreads it in a pan, throws a ltitle cheddar over, mixes a box of stuffing, spreads that over, and bakes til hot - that's good too with a salad on the side.
    Anonymous

• I pull it off the bone and get a gravy called "serve a gravy" chicken flavor, its in a box on the gravy isle, and i mix that with some garlic, pepper, etc ad chicken and cook it in a deep frying pan, just to warm the chicken and serve it open face on a slice a bread. If you have stuffing you can ad it too.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Chinese chicken salad
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2011