Why is he so damn selfish?

We have a 7 week old baby and he still puts his interests first. I realize he goes to school twice a week and works full-time on nights. But it's no excuse. We have a new baby and he needs to make time for him. I am thinking I should leave and stay at my parents house for a while? Maybe he would realize what he is missing. I don't want to fight anymore with his kids there on the weekends and the baby around. Any advice? We are not married but have been together for a long time and lived together for 2 years.

Kelli1012

Asked by Kelli1012 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Bump** Good Luck
    proudmommy31604

Answer by proudmommy31604 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Leaving really isn't the answer. Have you sat down with him and had a serious talk about how you feel? Try to keep from turning it into a fighting match, because that won't help things :/ But do try to not leave...if I had left when trouble started brewing in my marriage, it would have been over.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Could you give more information? How long are his work hours? How long are his school hours? Are you a SAHM or working mommmy? How much time are you asking him to spend with the little one? Have you sat down when your not angry and discussed shared responsibilities?
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 7:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Wait your 7 week old goes to school?! [JK JK]
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 7:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• well i agree with sitting down and trying to work things out with him my df likes to have his way on just about everything and sometimes if i don't tell him how i feel about a situation he just doesn't get it maybe you need to sit down with him and explain things from your point of view and try to do it calmly and rationally as possible
    azrafreas

Answer by azrafreas at 7:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• He works 40 hours a week, about 5 hours of class a week, I am staying home for the first three months. I am not asking for much at all a half hour or hour here and there. We had a talk about it just the other day and it got us nowhere. I don't want to be around him if he is going to act like this. I just think staying away for a while will make him see what he is missing.
    Kelli1012

Comment by Kelli1012 (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Good luck. It's obviously not important to him, the baby is only 7 weeks old. My DDs BF really didn't take an interest in her until she was a toddler.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011