11-month old's poop smells like vinegar

Any clue if this is normal or not? He's on solids, breastmilk and formula. His poop has been softer today than normal. Maybe it is due to trying new foods for Thanksgiving (which the doc ok'd). He also has sinus congestion so I thought it could be drainage. He's acting fine....but his poop is stinky!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So quit feeding him pickles.....JK
    Honestly poop stinks in general. There is no normal smell. As long as there is no blood, irregularity, or odd behavior I would brush it off as nothing. Could even be something like hormones or a virus so small that it has no symptoms.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That's funny! My husband said, "His poop smells just like vinegar. Did you give him wine today?" Of course, he was kidding but the pickle comment made me think that.
    Anonymous

• there could be a nitrogen imbalance... but that's probably not the case

(unless the Dr. find something wrong with his metabolism and digestion)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2008