How long does this process usually take? adult content

Ok, so I went to my ob/gyn appt Tuesday and found out that my almost 8 week pregnancy had ended, but I had not lost the "products of conception" yet. I was devastated, but since this was not my first loss, I was expecting a d&c, but instead the dr said he wanted to let it happen naturally. Fast forward to today. I am in A LOT of pain (emotional and physical) but still no bleeding. The dr said that the only reason he would do the d&c would be fever or uncontrolled bleeding. How much longer could this take?

jspencer1014

Asked by jspencer1014 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure because when I lost mine, I was at the hospital and they immediately suggested d&c but good luck.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It could take more than a week before the Dr would intervene. Im sorry for your loss.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• When I had my miscarriages I was told, it could take a few days to a few weeks and it was suggested that I have a d&c. I am so sorry you are going thru this.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• thats so sad...im sorry for your loss and i hope you get healed quickly
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• for me, when the cramping started ( I knew for about a week that the baby wasn't growing) I started bleeding a few hours later. The heavy bleeding lasted about 1.5 hrs. After the tissue passed then the bleeding slowed down. I am sorry you have to go through this. The waiting is really hard. Please feel free to msg me if you want to talk or if you want to hear about my experince and possibly what to expect.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am SO SO SO SO SO sorry. I know the physical pain doesn't even compare to the emotional pain you're going through. group hug

knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. I have no answer to your question but it does seem as if you got some good answers. Good luck to you, I hope you feel better soon.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thank you all. You are all awesome, caring women. I feel blessed to have found this wonderful supporting community. I'm still waiting but I have a strong feeling that it will be soon
    jspencer1014

Comment by jspencer1014 (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2011