Why shop at Aldi's?

Aldi's opened here about 5 years ago. On my first visit I couldn't believe the disarray -- toys spilling into the freezer cases and mixing with the food, no clear departments, it was a mess. Last summer I saw their ad and it said they had "seedless" and "seeded" watermelons. Seeded watermelons actually have FLAVOR, so I decided to go in. ALL the melons had large rotten spots. Yesterday I was driving by and I needed bananas so I thought, what the heck, quick in and out, I'll try them. You can probably fill in the blank here. They had two choices: rotten bananas and rock-hard-green-ripe-next week. I know its my fault, why'd I try a third time, but how can anyone shop there?

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 8:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Shopping

• I went in there one time and I was not impressed. Some of there stuff is cheap but not very good. The only thing I got was corned beef one time and it was pretty fairly priced. Other than that I hated it. I have been once and do not plan to go back.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 8:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Wow! What Aldi are you going to? Id be complaining to the corporate office. Our Aldi is neat as a pin and the produce is farm fresh. Never rotten or nasty. However, it's NO fun shopping there with the class of low life's and their 1/2 dozen brats running all over.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It is not like that around here. I was gonna say, you really have to know your prices.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i think that your experience is more a reflection on the manager/owner of that aldi store, because the two i have been in were very nice just like any other grocery store. the only difference was no bags, but now everyone uses the reusable bags anyhow so i don't look like a nut anymore lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• That's crazy and I agree with princessbeth, a reflection of the manager/owner, the Aldis here is GREAT! Cheap stuff for good taste. Only thing I don't buy there is the meats.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• The Aldi's in my area is well-kept.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I agree - our Aldi's rocks, it is very nice, organized and always has great stuff. It's incredible how a corporate brand will let individual management of bad stores reflect poorly on the whole organization.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If you leave unripened bananas out on the counter they'll ripen by the next day. Especially in the winter months with the warmer temprature of the house. (If you use your heat during the winter) Anyhow, like any store it depends on the location and the manager of that specific store. If you go to an Aldi's in the next town you may find that it's a very nice store. My parents and I used to shop at an Aldi's when I was younger and they were always orginized. They kept a very clean store and always had everything in stock.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have not been one since I use to live i Philly and that has been about 6 years ago and that one was clean. But now I live in South Jersey I don't go to the one not far from my house I shop at my work Bottom Dollar Foods.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't like their cart system.I went their twice didn't like it.
    kiran595

Answer by kiran595 at 10:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011