I have a question about giving blood while pregnant..... please read

I gave blood a few days before I knew I was pregnant. It would have been about 2 days before I was to start my period. Could giving blood effect the amount of HCG in my blood to give a strange pregnancy test result?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 8:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No I dont think it would effect the test results, but you probably shouldn't donate blood while preggo now.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i have no idea about any of that. but i know around here they will not take blood from someone that's pregnant
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 8:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yeah, I know that you cannot donate blood while pregnant. I did not know I was pregnant. I had not even started my period yet to know it would be late.
    Roadfamily6now

Comment by Roadfamily6now (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Hmmmmm interesting. I have no idea if it would effect it. It seems to me that it would not but who knows? But on a side note, how great you donate blood! Good for you, I am sure there are people that are thankful for that. AND congrats on being pregnant!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011