When did you get your milk?

Just wondering when did your milk come in?

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• a few days after having the baby. it was different each time, but usually within 3 days i think
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Alright because I have a friend who is 2 weeks ahead of me, she's 28 weeks and she said she got hers. I didn't know it came that early..
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I got it about 36 hours after DD was born. I didn't expect it to come in until she was almost a week old from what people told me, but I woke up and there it was.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• With my first baby it took 3 days. With my second it came in the next morning. I delivered around 2 in the afternoon and the next morning I woke up early and took a hot shower and when I got out of the shower my boobs were rock hard and huge and squirting everywhere!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My milk didn't come in until the fourth or fifth day after delivery.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have leaked colostrum while pregnant...in fact, since I nursed my youngest practically until I got pregnant again, I didn't "dry up" all the way, but I seriously doubt she has her actual milk in yet. She is probably just leaking fluid.

For me, usually about 2 days after the babies are born, my milk will come in.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• With my first born it took about 3 days. with my second.... i couldnt get it to stop a few hours after he was born.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I did not nurse my son. With my daughter, it took about three days.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:42 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It might have taken two days after I had my son but with this pregnancy I have been leaking since I was about 16 weeks. I am 31 weeks now and have been leaking off and on since then. It has actually gotten bad enough to where I need to wear nursing pads and then other days it's nothing.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 11:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My first was 2 days, my second was 4 and my last was the same day he was born.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011