Swelling :(

I'm 35 wks preg and have been swelling like a balloon!! My feet feel like I am walking on marshmallows!! I forgot about my ring and now it won't come off. I have tried lotion and vaseline and soaking it in warm water but it is really stuck on there. I'm worried if I swell more then it will cut off circulation or cut into my skin. Any suggetions on how I can get it off? Also any ideas on helping with the swelling? I keep bringing it up to the Doc but they said it's normal and won't really say much on how to help with it. I know salty foods make it worse, and I haven't been eating really salty foods as I don't like the taste of salt anymore.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• actually try using ice to get off your ring...if its cold outside where you are stand out there for a little bit too...if you notice when you are cold its easier for your ring to move around...its a natural thing for things other than just mens body parts to shrink when they get cold...the whole shrinkage thing really is true i think thats why you can wear more layers and not look too big in the winter...as far as the swelling try putting your feet up as well because if you start reducing the swelling to one body part it could help get the message to the rest of them..try a massage from your SO as well the blood flow helps reduce swelling..if your doctor isnt worried about anything with the swelling then i wouldnt either its just really uncomfortable i know..today is my due date and no baby yet...my feet look like sweet potatoes right now i feel your pain
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Not sure about getting the ring off, but drink lots of water, it should help with the swelling. Good luck!
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 8:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I feel like the more water I drink the worse it gets though :(
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• well, i hope you won't have to get your ring cut off, but you can get that before it cuts into your skin. here is a suggestion. sit down on the couch or a chair and keep your arm bent at a 90degree angle upwards. i would stay like that for about 1/2 hour to a hour. fluid will settle in your hands when they are downward.....it may help to put it up. then get up (don't put your arm down lol) and get out the soap. use a twisting upward motion. that's how i got mine off, and i had pre-eclampsia so i went from normal pregnancy to walrus in about a week! gl!!!!!!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Ummm if you were not swelling before and it's that bad now, you might want to give your Dr a call. Just to make sure it's not preeclampsia, which could be life threatening. It's NOT normal to all of a sudden blow up like a balloon.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I know it sounds counterintuitive, but the more water you drink the less swelling you will have. That is unless you have a medical condition. Drink lots of water and I would call your doctor or midwife just to be on the safe side.
    1sttimemommy711

Answer by 1sttimemommy711 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011