How do you cool down your toddlers warm meals

at dinner I always put my twins hot food on a plate and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes.

its kind of annoying because sometimes it gets too cold
sometimes theyre really hungry so they see it come out of the oven/pan and are all mad because I won't give it to them right away

and also how do you monitor the temp (know when its too hot) I use my fingers to test the food, which is also annoying lol but I don't want them to get burnt so, you know, do what you gotta

what are your methods?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do the same thing you do.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Blow it or give him a cracker while it sits on the table and cools. Also he's kind of learned to blow each bite cause that's what his sisters do.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my fingertips are not that sensitive, so usually i take a fork (or spoonfull) and test it right under my lower lip. i usually just take out their food about 5 min. before i plan on giving it to them that way it can cool off on it's own. in the meantime we either pick up toys or wash hands
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I put it in the freezer and then test it with my finger or with my lips.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I normally blow on it until it has cooled down.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• freezer
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Usually there is something cool enough on the plate that they can eat, so I give it to them hot, but tell them to eat the cool thing first....i.e. "Your chicken is hot, eat your oranges first." And I've never had a problem.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I start cooking the food before I bring my toddlers in to eat. That way I can put it on a plate and allow it to start cooling while I'm getting them ready in their high chairs. Then I test it with a finger and if it's still a little warm I mix it around on the plate with a fork to allow air to pass through all the pieces. Then I blow on it a little bit and then test it again. Usually I don't have to do that, because it's usually cool enough by the time they're situated in their chairs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i give dont call them to the table till its cooled off.. i stir it and test. stir and test stir and test..... the refrigerater is better than the freezer....
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Depending on what it is, i either put in the freezer or fridge. I stire the food after a minute in the freezer then i put in the fridge for about a minute then put the sides on his on his plate and give it to him.
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011