How do you cool down your toddlers warm meals

at dinner I always put my twins hot food on a plate and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes.

its kind of annoying because sometimes it gets too cold
sometimes theyre really hungry so they see it come out of the oven/pan and are all mad because I won't give it to them right away

and also how do you monitor the temp (know when its too hot) I use my fingers to test the food, which is also annoying lol but I don't want them to get burnt so, you know, do what you gotta

what are your methods?

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do the same thing you do.

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Blow it or give him a cracker while it sits on the table and cools. Also he's kind of learned to blow each bite cause that's what his sisters do.

Answer by Audrice1985 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my fingertips are not that sensitive, so usually i take a fork (or spoonfull) and test it right under my lower lip. i usually just take out their food about 5 min. before i plan on giving it to them that way it can cool off on it's own. in the meantime we either pick up toys or wash hands

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I put it in the freezer and then test it with my finger or with my lips.

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I normally blow on it until it has cooled down.

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• freezer

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Usually there is something cool enough on the plate that they can eat, so I give it to them hot, but tell them to eat the cool thing first....i.e. "Your chicken is hot, eat your oranges first." And I've never had a problem.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I start cooking the food before I bring my toddlers in to eat. That way I can put it on a plate and allow it to start cooling while I'm getting them ready in their high chairs. Then I test it with a finger and if it's still a little warm I mix it around on the plate with a fork to allow air to pass through all the pieces. Then I blow on it a little bit and then test it again. Usually I don't have to do that, because it's usually cool enough by the time they're situated in their chairs.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i give dont call them to the table till its cooled off.. i stir it and test. stir and test stir and test..... the refrigerater is better than the freezer....

Answer by dfwhite at 9:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Depending on what it is, i either put in the freezer or fridge. I stire the food after a minute in the freezer then i put in the fridge for about a minute then put the sides on his on his plate and give it to him.

Answer by Manda725 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011