Why do toddlers only like to eat messy foods?

why do only messy foods taste good to toddlers??

come to think of it I think a toddler could turn the least messy food, into a messy food. so i guess this question is invalid.

My boys love spagetti/ravioli and pizza the most. yes red sauce. SAUCE.
this evening Tyler RUBBED the sauce into his EYE lol part of his face has this nice pinkish hue to it now lol

Its such a chore to wipe down both of my boys AND their highchairs AND the floor. i can't wait until theyre older and dont make such a big mess

how do you clean your toddlers up after meal time?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ha ha. You'll miss it when they get older!!! :D I sometime just dump my youngest (2 yr old) straight into the bath, but usually kinda wash her off first under the tap because she's so messy it would be disgusting to bathe her in the water if I just put her straight in. But my other kids are older and I miss the messy babies they used to be.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My 2 yr old's favorite food is gravy. Gravy with meat, gravy with pasta, gravy with beans, gravy with more gravy. ...
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have a stack of old wash cloths that I use to wipe up my toddlers. My son has a BAD habit of playing with his food now, so he can make quite a mess. However, he too likes the saucey foods like Speghetti and Pizza. Wash cloths get more of the mess off in fewer wipes then a butt wipe or a paper towel. Then you can rinse it off and wipe off any remaining food that you didn't get the first time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Take a towel and a clothes pin...strip 'em down to diaper/underwear, wrap the towel around them, and clothes pin in back. Then let them have at those messy foods! Afterwards, you can use the towel to wipe off their faces.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I always feed them NAKED... dipers or underware! it helps to keep there clothes from getting stained (and helps on the laundry load) a baby shampoo works so well on the face and everything because it doesnt hurt the eyes. the red sauce stains seem to disapear!!!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 9:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Because they are messy LOL...
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011