Does anyone else do this?

When I'm home, I eat when I'm bored. It's not even a case of being hungry. I should be 300 pounds but luckily I have good genes. However, I have gained some weight. Does anyone else do this? What's the cure? I love love love food. I think I need a hobby.

amotherof1

Asked by amotherof1 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• LOL. Take up gymnstics or yoga! :D I'd love to eat when I'm bored, but I'd gain weight so fast! Instead I come here to CafeMom and pass my time with all of you lovely ladies!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• judimary - i tend to think CM occupies my time, but sadly, i eat while CM'ing LOL!!! =[

OP, i'd like to know the ''cure'' too =]
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yep I do and I'm the same way - I should weigh 300 lbs based on my eating habits. I try to keep busy - I started taking yoga one night a week. I also try to keep little snacks in the house that I can eat that won't totally blow me off track - the older I get the harder it is to eat like I did when I was 25. I keep stuff like sugar free jello, the little 100 calorie packs, the skinny cow bars. I read or get on the computer and just distract myself.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, and you already stated your answer. You need a hobby ontop of reminding yourself "I'm not hungry, so I'm not going to eat". It is CONSTANT battle with me and food, because I also eat when I'm stressed. I have three kids under the age of three .. I'm stressed often, so I have to remind myself to find something other then eating. I have taken up knitting, sewing, reading, watching mindless TV, and as well I love photography. During the summer the kids and I go on walks and I as well do Pilates at home. Anything to keep me occupied and anything to help relieve stress.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yeah. definitely a hobby. take a walk or find something that you do every time you find yourself rifling for snacks
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 8:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Been guilty of that myself and you aren't really satisfied because you can never find what you want, just nibble here and there. UGH!

It's a good thing that we live in a split-level and I have to go up and down the stairs a lot.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I used to do that but I keep nothing but fruit and sorbet around so if I get in the mood to eat its healthy food
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• snack on healthy foods instead of junk foods
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• Keep yourself busy and drink lots of water which fills the stomach.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• hi hear you and yup you are right in knowing that you need to find yourself a hobby. or you could start walking since the weather is getting nice outside.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011